Important Map Notes
- Remain at least 100 feet away from inland waterways and marinas connected to the ocean due to wave surges and possible flooding.
- If possible, remove or deploy vessels to deep water (at least 100 fathoms).
- Structural steel or reinforced concrete buildings of 10 or more stories provide increased protection on or above the fourth floor.
- The evacuation zone is a guideline and should be considered the minimum safe evacuation distance.
- These maps do not consider the destructive effects of a locally generated tsunami. If you feel shaking, move inland immediately, well away from the evacuation zone.
County of Hawaii
City and County of Honolulu Department of Emergency Management
County of Kauai
County of Maui (Maui, Molokai, Lanai)